Like stacking the dishwasher, unstacking it is a task that can be achieved by many but if you are an individual with an autism spectrum disorder, an intellectual disability or ADHD you might need a little help. How To Unstack the Dishwasher is a step by step approach to assist someone with this task. It can be downloaded with text and visuals or a text only version.
1. Open the door of the dishwasher
2. Pull the bottom shelf of the dishwasher out partway
3. Take the cutlery basket out
4. Take out the cutlery, put in the correct drawer
5. Put the cutlery basket back into the dishwasher
6. Take the plates and bowls out and put in the correct drawer/cupboard
7. Push the bottom rack back in
8. Pull the top shelf of the dishwasher out partway
9. Take out the glasses/cups, put them away in the correct drawer/cupboard.
10. Push the top shelf back in
11. Close the door of the dishwasher