This checklist provides a guide to some questions that could help you think about your child’s needs, organise your thoughts and help to put into action a plan for a Specialist Primary School.While this is a guide and you will have further questions, consider printing this checklist to help you begin your investigation, add your further questions which will be specific to your child and record the information for further reflection after the visits.
1. What is the enrolment criteria for your school?
2. What other entry requirements are there for your school?
3. How many students would be in my child’s class in their first year of school?
4. How many staff would be in my child’s class?
5. What qualifications do the staff have?
6. Is there designated play spaces in the school yard?
7. What additional learning needs do the children at this school have?
8. What additional supports could the school provide for my child?
9. Would the school support a dual enrolment with a primary school if that was possible?
10. What is the process for enrolment?
11. What documentation is required?