Sweeping the floor can be challenging and sometimes needs to happen outside as well as inside. It can be a complex task for individuals with an autism spectrum disorder, an intellectual disability or ADHD as it requires you to manage several actions to complete the task. How To Sweep a Floor is a step by step approach to assist you with this task. It can be downloaded with text and visuals or a text only version.
1. Choose a broom- indoor or outdoor broom
2. Get a dustpan
3. Clear the area to be swept
4. Start in one corner and push or pull the broom across the surface
5. Bring all the dirt or debris to a central point
6. Collect into a dustpan with either the broom or small brush