Sometimes when we are unwell we become anxious so it is good to let the doctor know this and then tell the doctor the reason why you are there. How To Go to the Doctor is ready to download with text and visuals or a text only version to help you.
1. Find your local or family doctor phone number
2. Phone the doctor’s receptionist or ask someone to do this for you
3. Respond to the receptionist’s questions
4. Make an appointment
5. Write down the appointment time or ask for a reminder to be sent
6. Go the doctor’s at the appointment time
7. Tell the receptionist you are there for your appointment
8. Tell the doctor of your fears about being there EG smells, noises etc.
9. Tell the doctor why you are there EG an injury, illness or other concern
10. Use your relaxation techniques
11. Listen to the doctor, follow his/her instructions
12. Leave the doctor’s office and pay your bill