It is helpful to have a checklist to help guide your thinking about what you need to organise and do to get ready for your future after school. Here is a checklist to help guide you:
1. Have I identified what I want to do:
Traineeship / apprenticeship
2. Have I applied for further study pathways?
3. Have I or will apply for a traineeship or apprenticeship?
4. Have I looked for or applied for a job?
5. Have I worked out how to get to my destination?
6. Have I prepared information about my abilities and learning disability?
7. Can I apply for supports to assist me at study, work, traineeship or apprenticeship?
8. Have I got people who can help me with this?